Summer Employment Opportunities
Heritage Works is seeking youth and young adult ages 16-24 for our internship program -- Work Arts.
Work Arts interns will receive intensive technique and ensemble training in Modern, Hip Hop, West African dance, percussion and more, and perform ongoing throughout the summer and fall. The summer work experience also includes events and company management as well as arts administration. Students must sign up on the www.gdyt.org/youth website to be eligible for a paid summer employment opportunity. Pay Rate: $8.00/hour for 16–17 yrs. old and $9.25/hour for 18-24 yrs. old.
- Must be 16-24 yrs. old
- Live in Detroit, Michigan (proof of residency required)
- Commit to 20-24 hours per week from July 9 - Aug 17, 2018
- Priority will be given to candidates who commit to the 2018 Ensemble program
- Demonstrate a commitment to artistic excellence
- Training and/or experience in Modern, Hip Hop and/or West African dance or drumming preferred
- Be a team player with a great work ethic and attitude
- Be prepared to study both movement and percussion as well as sing and speak publicly
How to Apply: Send a resume/bio along with a cover letter outlining interests, dance or drum experience, 2017-18 school year and Summer 2018 availability to address below. Please include ‘Summer Internship Applicant’ in the subject line of email submissions. Submission deadline is June 8, 2018.
Do not send your only copies or originals. Submissions will not be returned. Submit information as soon as possible. Interviews and auditions will be held June 9-12th. No telephone inquiries.
MAIL COVER LETTER AND RESUME/BIO TO:
Attn: Summer Internship
4444 Second Avenue
Detroit, MI 48201
OR EMAIL US AT: